- 2 servings noodles of your choice
- 1 medium onion or ½ large onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 package stir-fry vegetables
- 1 block tofu, cubed
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Vegetable oil
- Some green onion, for garnish
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp gochujang or sriracha sauce
- ½ tsp rice wine vinegar
Ideally you would prepare this in a wok, but if you don't have one, a large frying pan will also work.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Prepare noodles however they need to be prepared.
- Heat the oil in the wok or fry pan.
- Fry the tofu until just brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Fry the onion and garlic for a couple of minutes.
- Add the vegetables and ginger, and fry for 2–3 minutes.
- Add the tofu back in, along with the noodles.
- Add the sauce. Stir until everything, or at least the noodles, are evenly coated.
I like to use frozen udon for this. To prepare it:
- Boil a pan of water.
- Place udon in boiling water.
- Cook for no more than 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, drain, and immediately rinse with cold water. Set aside until ready.