Heart of Palm “Lobster”
- 2 14oz cans heart of palm
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon paprika or Old Bay seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt (omit if using Old Bay)
- Drain the hearts of palm. Cut them in half lengthwise, then chop them into chunks about an inch or two long.
- Melt the butter in a pan, with the garlic and water added in.
- Add the heart of palm chunks to the pan. Simmer for about five minutes, gently flipping them over with a spatula to make sure they cook evenly.
- Sprinkle the salt and paprika over top and lightly stir it in. It looks more lobster-like if you only partially mix in the paprika.
- Optionally, serve with lemon wedges or parsley as garnish.
Recipe blog story time
This recipe is basically lifted wholesale from It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken.
I’ve made a few modifications: I usually mix this into pasta or put it on a sandwich, so I’ve halved the quantity of butter and garlic and omit the dipping sauce entirely. And instead of microwaving the butter, I just melt it in the pan, because... why not? You can microwave yours if you’d rather. I’m not the boss of you.