- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 4–6 large carrots or a bag of baby carrots
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Boil the carrots for about 10–15 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Mix together the other ingredients while the carrots are boiling.
- Once the carrots are done, put them in a container and cover them with the marinade sauce.
- Refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Once the carrots are sufficiently marinated, cook them in a pan, on a grill, in the microwave, or wherever you prefer.
- They’re also really good chopped up and cooked in this three-bean chili recipe.
Recipe blog storytime
This recipe is lifted almost unchanged from Plant Power Couple. All I did was omit the apple cider vinegar, since I felt it made the end result a little too vinegar-y.